Christian Radich is owned and run by the Christian Radich Sail Training Foundation whose first ship was Christiania, which sailed as a training ship from 1881 to 1901. It was then Statsraad Erichsen from 1901 to 1936, which was replaced by the current Christian Radich.
She is named after her benefactor, a lumber dealer with a fascination for life at sea who died in 1889 and left sufficient money to start building a new training ship in Oslo. However, the construction did not commence until 1936 and Christian Radich was launched a year later, sailing since then as a training ship for the merchant navy.
|Rig:||Fully rigged ship|
|Home Port:||Oslo, Norway|
|Entered By:||Stiftelsen Skoleskipet